Skip to main content

Sophie's Universe has taken over my universe

It has been a long while since I blogged partially just because life is busy and partially because I have been crocheting like a fiend. 
 
I have been a Ravelry member for a while but had only joined so that I could get access to free patterns.  Recently, I started adding project pages and joined some groups to help me out and provide support for a CAL that I joined in the spring.  Within the comments on that group, people kept mentioning "Sophie".  At first I just breezed over these comments but then I saw some pictures of the Sophies people were working on and I immediately fell in love. 

Sophie's Universe was designed by Dedri Uys and she is nothing short of brilliant.  I cannot wrap my mind around how she came up with this design, let alone wrote a clear pattern for us to create her beautiful work of art for ourselves.  Everything you need to know to create a Sophie for yourself (or one of her other amazing designs) can be found on Dedri's amazing website Look at What I made.  She not only has the pattern in several languages but also has several 3 different size options, colour options, video tutorials, picture tutorials, hints, links to groups on Facebook, Instagram, Ravelry, etc. and so much more.  Click on Sophie's Universe to get you started.  Just be forewarned, everything else in your life will suffer as you put everything on hold because you can't put this project down!
 
I am making my Sophie in Loops & Threads Woolike (exclusively sold at Michael's) which is a super fine weight acrylic.  So far, I am working on part 7 and because the yarn is so fine, I will definitely be adding the border and potentially squares to make it a bit larger.  I am so pleased with the look of this yarn and how soft and snuggly it is that I don't mind working some extra rows to get the size I want. 
 
Please keep in mind that Dedri has put a huge amount of work into creating this pattern so remember that to share the love (addiction lol), you must link to her website.  Under no circumstances should you share this pattern in any format!
 
 
I can't wait to share my completed Sophie but it will be a while until it is off the hook.

From my loving home,

~ Monika ~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Handmade - Just for You!

Last weekend I attended my first ever Christmas market to sell some of my handmade items. I have been very excited about this and started working on inventory months ago. As I have been telling my friends and family about the sale, all sorts of people have been asking me to make certain items for them. I am very flattered that my items are taking off and that people are buying them (and that I'm currently backlogged on orders!) but I have come to realize that I need to formulate a plan for future sales and craft fairs so that I'm not caught in a scramble the week before each sale to whip up some more items.  As part of getting organized, I am posting items and prices on this blog so that people can easily see the items I make and also what the pricing is.  Face Cloths These soft face cloths are made of durable 100% cotton and are machine washable.  They come in a variety of modern colours and have a loop for easy hanging.  $3 each or 2 for $5 Reusable Makeu

Sweet Baby Hat for Spring

When I found out my good friend had a baby girl, I couldn't wait to crochet a girly pink hat for her.  I ended up finding a pattern on Pinterest and adding on a little flower to make it a bit more feminine. Here is the pattern to the hat http://www.whistleandivy.com/2013/04/faux-ribbon-baby-hat.html .  I used Rowan handknit cotton yarn so had to adjust a bit for gauge but I really like the colours so made it work.  The pattern for the flower embellishment can be found at http://www.alittlebirdtoldme-craft.com/2010/10/crochet-flower-tutorial.html . From my loving home, Monika