Skip to main content

Handmade - Just for You!

Last weekend I attended my first ever Christmas market to sell some of my handmade items. I have been very excited about this and started working on inventory months ago. As I have been telling my friends and family about the sale, all sorts of people have been asking me to make certain items for them.


I am very flattered that my items are taking off and that people are buying them (and that I'm currently backlogged on orders!) but I have come to realize that I need to formulate a plan for future sales and craft fairs so that I'm not caught in a scramble the week before each sale to whip up some more items. 

As part of getting organized, I am posting items and prices on this blog so that people can easily see the items I make and also what the pricing is. 

Face Cloths
These soft face cloths are made of durable 100% cotton and are machine washable.  They come in a variety of modern colours and have a loop for easy hanging.  $3 each or 2 for $5

Reusable Makeup Remover Pad
100% cotton reusable make up removers.  After use, just toss in the washer and dryer and use over and over again.  They come in a variety of colours and have a loop for hanging.  These are great stocking stuffers or part of a hostess gift and can be paired with a matching face cloth.  $2 each or 3 for $5

Swoofer
100% cotton reusable Swiffer cover.  These are an environmentally-friendly way to rid your house of dust and pet hair.  Picks up as well as (or better than) the disposable swiffer covers.  Just shake it off and toss in the washer and dryer for reuse.  $8 each 


Toques/Hats/Beanies
Various styles and colours made of either 100% acrylic or acrylic/wool blend for warmth and comfort.  $15 - $25 depending on style and material.

Scarves
Various styles and colours made of either 100% acrylic or acrylic/wool blend for warmth and comfort.  $15 - $25 depending on style and material.

Cowls/Infinity Scarves
Various styles and colours made of either 100% acrylic or acrylic/wool blend for warmth and comfort.  $20 - $30 depending on style and material.

Children's Neck Warmers
Keep the kiddos warm with a neck warmer.  Slips on easily over their head and stays on without getting caught in car seats, stroller tires, etc.!  Can be pulled up to cover bottom of face or left around the neck to keep the cold out.  $15 each or buy in combo with a children's toque for only $10.

Fine Print
Payment will be accepted via email transfer or Paypal and shipping will be added (note usually a nominal fee as items are lightweight).  Custom orders will require 50% prepayment at time of order and the balance due prior to shipping. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Baby Hat for Spring

When I found out my good friend had a baby girl, I couldn't wait to crochet a girly pink hat for her.  I ended up finding a pattern on Pinterest and adding on a little flower to make it a bit more feminine. Here is the pattern to the hat http://www.whistleandivy.com/2013/04/faux-ribbon-baby-hat.html .  I used Rowan handknit cotton yarn so had to adjust a bit for gauge but I really like the colours so made it work.  The pattern for the flower embellishment can be found at http://www.alittlebirdtoldme-craft.com/2010/10/crochet-flower-tutorial.html . From my loving home, Monika

Sophie's Universe has taken over my universe

It has been a long while since I blogged partially just because life is busy and partially because I have been crocheting like a fiend.    I have been a Ravelry member for a while but had only joined so that I could get access to free patterns.  Recently, I started adding project pages and joined some groups to help me out and provide support for a CAL that I joined in the spring.  Within the comments on that group, people kept mentioning "Sophie".  At first I just breezed over these comments but then I saw some pictures of the Sophies people were working on and I immediately fell in love.  Sophie's Universe was designed by Dedri Uys and she is nothing short of brilliant.  I cannot wrap my mind around how she came up with this design, let alone wrote a clear pattern for us to create her beautiful work of art for ourselves.  Everything you need to know to create a Sophie for yourself (or one of her other amazing designs) can be found on Dedri's amazing website